Monday, May 19, 2014

Kimberly Elise was talking about Natural Hair on her facebook page...Someone mentioned Naps! I SNAPPED!! .

OKAY YES I SNAPPED IN A POLITE AND EDUCATIONAL MANNER :) Not really snapped but I want you all to read this.....

Here was my comment about the word Naps used for ethnic hair such as Bilalian people.....

     The work Nappy was used in slavery times to make us hate our hair, it is an insult of a word. I redirect my clients and educate them on what they call Nappy is not naps.
     Depending on how close in your region you are to the sun naturally draws the hair tight into what we see as a curl pattern; the sun also dries out the hair as well this makes it have a coarse feel to it. The farthest away from the sun makes the curl pattern loose or completely straight (European) this is the difference. We were made to believe that this is not attractive but why not? If I know how to care for my hair properly it would give me beautiful hair. I prove this everyday in my work field and love the thought that I can! G-D has educated me and I will always share.

NO MORE INFERIOR COMPLEXES WE SHOULD LEARN TO APPRECIATE OUR DIFFERENCES AND EXPLORE EACH OTHERS CULTURES WITHOUT CONFLICT!


No comments:

Post a Comment